- Party Planning Ideas
- Bachelor Party Ideas
- Toddler Birthday Party Ideas
- 25th Birthday Party Ideas
- 30th Birthday Party Ideas
- 50th Anniversary Party Ideas
- 16th Birthday Party Ideas
- 13th Birthday Party Ideas
- 21st Birthday Party Ideas
- Miss Spider Party Ideas
Wedding Anniversary Party Favors
Wedding anniversaries mark more than how many years have passed since a couple said “I do”. More important than anything, it marks the strength of the bond between two people. In this day and age when divorce and separation can easily be obtained, any couple who has stayed together for more than a couple of years deserve to celebrate each anniversary they can achieve.
One More Year
Married couples usually mark the anniversaries of their wedding in decidedly special ways. Most times, people give the couples gifts that are appropriate for the year of their anniversary; wedding anniversaries usually have a specific theme for a specific year. The themes are sometimes different for each country. For example, in the United Kingdom, couples who have reached their 7th and 10th year celebrate their Copper and Aluminum Anniversary, respectively. As such, they are usually given gifts made out of those two metals. In the United States however, instead of copper and aluminum, gifts made of wool or tin are given. However, almost everyone acknowledges that the 25th wedding anniversary has Silver as its theme, while the 50th has Gold.
Governments and churches even join in on the celebration. Again, in the UK, one can apply to the Buckingham Palace to receive a message from the monarch when the couple reaches their 60th, 65th, and 70th wedding anniversary. Beyond 70 years, the couple will then be able to receive a message every year thereafter. For couples living in the other Commonwealth places, they can get the same thing by applying to that place’s Governor-General’s office. In the United States, the couple can receive a greeting from the office of the President if they’ve reached their 50th wedding anniversary, or later.
For Roman Catholics, a papal blessing can be requested and applied for landmark wedding anniversaries such as the 25th, the 50th, and the 60th.
It is not to say, though, that it’s the couple who will be receiving their gifts all the time. There are also couples who opt to celebrate their anniversaries with parties. Usually, these parties are lavish and grand, since the couple are already well into their midlife, thus already enjoying considerable monetary freedom and wealth. As is usually the case in parties like these, the couple usually doles out favors for their guests.
Celebrating Anniversaries With Favors
There are many things you need to consider when choosing favors to hand out to your guests, like:
- The number of years of the anniversary. As mentioned above, certain anniversaries have their own special set of themes/colors/material. 25th anniversary is Silver, 50th is Gold. If your anniversary falls into any of the special ones, then the favors you will be giving will logically be made with it in mind.
- The budget allotted for the favors. When you plan the party, keep in mind the amount you are going to set aside for the favors. If you have a big enough budget, then you can expand the party favors you’ll be getting to the more expensive kind. Like most things, what you will get will depend on how much you are willing to spend for them.
- The guests. You also have to keep in mind the guests. After all, you can’t very well give cartoon character favors to middle-aged people, can you? When choosing party favors, it’s always good to be on the safe side. Usually, this means little dainty figurines or display objects or things that the guests can use.
With that in mind, what are possible wedding anniversary party favors you can give? A lot, actually. Just keep in mind that it has to show the guests the main purpose of the party. Usually, this comes in the form of an engraving or tag on the favor indicating the number of years that the couple has been married. Some wonderful ideas for wedding anniversary party favors are:
- Candle holders. For simple yet elegant favors, give out candle holders. However, don’t just grab any candle holder you find in the market. Be sure to choose that which really reflects your and your spouse’s marriage lifestyle, and have it made in the theme your wedding anniversary falls in. For example, a silver candle holder with doves and laces and engraved with the year number, bring out the idea of class and serenity. (Create your own candle holder, learn how to make stained glass candle holders)
- Wristwatches. For the rich and affluent, a very good party favor is a custom-engraved wristwatch. It will surely remind them of your anniversary every time they look at the time, especially if you have the year and the details engraved in the face. What’s more, gold and silver will really look good on wristwatches.
- Jewelry. Bracelets and necklaces are also very popular choices when it comes to favors. The pendant can be the year number, and it can be studded with the stones corresponding to that year. You don’t even have to make the jewelry made of expensive material; crystals are much more affordable and yet, still looks classy.
Candle handle holder
An elegant necklace
Wedding anniversaries should always be made special, not only for the couple celebrating it but also for the people who celebrate with them. As such, your party favors should be really memorable. They don’t have to be expensive, just unique and reflective of the love and strength you as a couple have for each other. After all, you did last that long. If you enjoyed reading this article, might as well read Top ten wedding anniversary gifts.
Watch this movie and take a look of their memorable pictures in their 50th Wedding Anniversary.
View Comments: 4