- Party Planning Ideas
- Bachelor Party Ideas
- Toddler Birthday Party Ideas
- 25th Birthday Party Ideas
- 30th Birthday Party Ideas
- 50th Anniversary Party Ideas
- 16th Birthday Party Ideas
- 13th Birthday Party Ideas
- 21st Birthday Party Ideas
- Miss Spider Party Ideas
Pasta Party Ideas
Do you love pasta? Here’s a delicious and delightful idea you can try out: Have a pasta party! This yummy and fun theme is a great deviation from the usual parties. You can use it for different occasions too, like kiddie birthday, holiday celebrations or even for just a simple dinner party.
Here are several pointers to make your pasta party more enjoyable.
- Send out homemade pasta invitations. Prepare ordinary invites, and then glue uncooked macaroni, farfalle or rotini pasta around the words.
- Get pasta-inspired decorations. For example, you can twirl red streamers to make them look like spaghetti noodles. Or you can get transparent bowls, fill them with macaroni dyed in different colors, and set them on the tables.
- Serve pasta! After all, it is a pasta party. Find various recipes that call for pasta as ingredients, including soups, salads and even dessert.
- For fun party activities, you can have games like a pasta eating contest or “Pin the fork on the Spaghetti”.
A pasta-themed celebration will delight your guests. Try out these tips and have a pasta-rrific party!
View Comments: 1
Pajama Party Bridal Shower Ideas
Even if you’re all grown up and ready to get married, sometimes you want to go back to being a teenager. If this is how you feel, then why don’t you step back in time during your bridal shower? Have a fun bridal shower pajama party!
Whether you want a large or small event, a pajama party is a fun event you can have for your special night. Everyone can talk, gossip, paint nails and just bond with each other. It’s the last night to have girlish fun with your girlfriends. Of course, you must not forget the pajamas!
You don’t need to decorate too much. Just prepare beds, sheets, pillows and mats enough for everyone. For the food, just settle on munchies, like pretzels, chicken wings, pizza, dips, nuts, fruit plates, sodas and punch.
To entertain yourselves, you can play fun music, watch wedding chick flicks, like Runaway Bride or My Best Friend’s Wedding, or you can exchange fun stories about the bride.
In the morning, when everyone wakes up, make sure you’ve prepared a hearty breakfast. Then, give out girlish favors to your guests, like perfume, lipstick, trinket box and nail polish.
Going back to your yesteryears is a fun idea for any bride. Before you walk down the aisle, try this fun slumber party shower idea!
View Comments: 8
Black-Tie Party Appetizers
You’re planning a black-tie dinner party and you’ve got everything prepared—well, almost everything. You still haven’t decided what appetizers to serve to your guests. Since you want to save some money, you decided to make the appetizers yourself. The only problem is, you don’t know what easy appetizers to whip up.
Worry no more. Here are a couple of easy but yummy appetizer ideas that’ll spice up your black-tie party.
Bacon-Wrapped Mushroom Appetizer
- 10 slices of thick smoked-bacon
- cracked black pepper
- 20 medium-sized button mushrooms.
- Cut the bacon slices half-crosswise, and then cut the stems off the mushrooms. Sprinkle pepper on the bacon slices, then wrap the slices around the mushrooms. You don’t need to use toothpicks.
- Put the bacon-wrapped mushrooms on a foil lined baking sheet. Bake them for 15 at 400 degrees Fahrenheit, then transfer the baking sheet under the broiler for three minutes, to make the bacon crispy. Serve.
Mini Breadsticks With Olive Tapenade Appetizer Dip
- 1 jar Olive tapenade
- 11 ounce tube breadsticks
- Fresh parsley
- Separate the breadstick’s perforated dough, then cut each strip into three pieces. Cut the again vertically in half, to make 72 pieces.
- Stretch each breadstick strip to 2 inches, then twist and press the ends onto the baking sheet.
- Bake them at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 5 to 7 minutes, then turn them over and bake for 2 to 5 minutes again or until they become golden-brown.
- Serve with the olive tapenade.
Delight your black-tie party guests with these yummy easy-to-make appetizer ideas. They’ll be impress, while you won’t need to slave away at the kitchen!
View Comments: 3
Kung Fu Party Ideas
All those Kung Fu movies seem to be getting to you! For your next dinner party, you want to have a Chinese theme to surprise your guests. It’s a great and unique party idea everyone will enjoy.
There are many ways to make your Chinese theme party enjoyable. Here are a few ideas to help you out.
- Use invitations with Chinese-themed yin and yang prints.
- Red and gold decorations, such as streamers and confetti are great choices. You can also get Chinese paper lanterns.
- A Chinese party isn’t complete without delicious Chinese food. Serve food like won tons, dumplings, Peking duck, mapo tofu, egg rolls and yang chow rice. Don’t forget to provide chopsticks!
- Serve tea after the party. It’s a famous tradition among Chinese people.
- If you want to have fun party games, you can use the chopsticks too. Have relays that carrying or picking objects up using these items.
- Pack your party favors in Chinese food take-out boxes. Giveaways you can include are fortune cookies, paper fans and pocket-size Chinese checkers.
Impress your guests with a fun Chinese party! They’ll feel the fun Kung Fu spirit all around the event!
View Comments: 6
Anime Party Ideas
When you were a child you obsessed and watched cartoons like Popeye the Sailor Man, Mickey Mouse and Friends and Bugs Bunny. Today, your kids look up to different cartoon heroes, like Gokou, Naruto, and Kenshin. If you don’t know these guys, they’re Japanese—anime characters. With their fun stories and wonderful personalities, they have captivated children all over the world.
If your child loves anime, chances are he’ll ask for an anime theme party for his next birthday. Don’t worry, because it’s not difficult to plan this event. Here are some suggestions you can use:
- Instead of having the usual boring invitations, get anime-themed invites. You can buy them at party supplies stores. If you want to be creative, you can also use anime trading cards. Just tape the details on the back, and you’re all set. Once the guests see these, they’ll become excited!
- Ask the guests to come in their favorite anime costume. You can have a cosplay and give an award to the best-dressed guest.
- Decorations shouldn’t be very difficult. You can simply hang a large anime poster on the wall. If your kid has anime action figures, put them around the place. For a more Japanese look, hang paper lanterns and get low tables for everyone. They’ll feel like the characters they watch in the show.
- Yummy Japanese food like onigiri (rice balls), chicken teriyaki, tempura and yakisoba, are appropriate. Sushi is also a popular choice, but because kids don’t like raw fish, you can simply make sushi-like treats. For example, use tortilla wraps and cold cuts and make sushi sandwiches.
- Let the children use chopsticks. This can be a bit messy, but they’ll have tons of fun!
- Fun games can include Beyblade competitions, Anime fan-art drawing contests, and trading Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh cards. When everyone becomes tired, let them watch an anime movie or have an anime series marathon.
- Aside from the usual candies, put anime keychains, trading cards, and action figures in the goodie bags. Kids will love these useful and memorable take-home presents.
Fill your child’s special day with lots of excitement and anime fun! This party will surely be unforgettable for him.
View Comments: 4
Retirement Party Ideas
Your friend has finally decided to retire, and is set to live a quiet and peaceful life without all the stress and workload he used to handle. For anyone who’s worked for over 40 years, it’s an unforgettable part of life. To celebrate this wonderful and memorable event, you, along with his family and colleagues, decided to throw a fun retirement party for him.
There are many ways on how you can make a retirement party very enjoyable, and the first step is by picking a theme. A popular and wonderful example you can use is the Vacation In Paradise theme. Here are several ideas you can use.
- Invitations – For the invitation design, draw a caricature of the individual while he’s relaxing in paradise, such as lying on a hammock while sipping from a coconut.
- Decorations – String party lights around the place, use colorful table cloths and hang leis and grass skirts around the walls. You can also put the drinks in coconut straw for a real tropical island feel. Don’t forget the “Happy Retirement” banner!
- Party Food And Drinks – Since there’s only good food in paradise, you should prepare lots of yummy eats. Fresh greens, Hawaiian chicken and sesame noodles are good choices. You can also serve fresh fruit as appetizers. Then, serve finger desserts. For drinks, serve yummy fruit shakes,fruit juices, pina colada and martinis. You can also ask someone to bring a bottle of champagne.
- Party Activities – Play games like “What Will He/She Do Now He/She’s Retired?”, where guests will write down fun and crazy ideas about what activities the retired person can do. Limbo rock is also a great game everyone will enjoy. Perhaps the retiree has a favorite sport—you can all play that. For a memorable ending, create a slide show presentation or video about the individual.
Let your friend experience how relaxing retired life is with a Vacation in Paradise theme. It’ll make him look forward to many peaceful, stress-free days ahead!
View Comments: 2
Bachelor’s Party Themes
Women hold bridal showers when they get married—but who says guys can’t do the same? So if one of your best guy buddies is getting married, you should organize a fun bachelor or stag party for him! It’s a great way to celebrate his last night as a single dude, before he throws on the old balls and chains (just kidding!).
Most guys want a typical bachelor party with beer, pizza, cigars and probably a sexy strip dance. Although this is the traditional way of celebrating, it can get boring. If you want, you can have a party theme for your friend’s special night. Having a stag party theme lets you easily decide on the costumes, activities, food, decors and invitations. It’ll make the party more organized, more fun and more memorable.
Fun bachelor party ideas you can use include:
- James Bond Theme – He’s the ultimate bachelor: suave, smooth and with a kick-ass attitude. Decorate the venue with Bond movie posters and ask all the guys to come in their best James Bond get-up. Prepare a cocktail bar and serve drinks like Vodka Martini and champagne. You can watch Bond movies to keep everyone entertained.
- Cowboy Theme – A Wild Wild West atmosphere will have their adrenalines rushing! Decorate your place with Western paraphernalia, such as plastic cacti, lanterns, and wooden signs. Everyone should come in jeans, checkered shirts, boots and cowboy hats.
- Toga Party Theme – Relive your college fraternity days with this theme! Let the guys come in their best togas and sandals. Prepare cheese, chips and pasta for munchies and red wine for drinks.
Firsts are always memorable, but lasts should also be unforgettable, so let your friend’s last night as single guy be fun and exciting with a fun stag party theme! It’s a celebration he’ll always look back on!
View Comments: 2
Bridal Shower Party Themes
Anyone will agree that before a woman says “I do”, there’s one important event that she must experience: her own girls-only bridal shower! This is the last time that she gets to have fun as a single gal, and for any bride-to-be, celebrating it with her girl friends in a fun and exciting way is a must!
There are lots of ways and things you can do to make a bridal shower more enjoyable and more creative, but the best option you can turn to is get a particular party theme! By deciding on one, you won’t only get to savor the celebration better, but all the party aspects will be organized.
Here are a few suggestions to help you out.
Movie Bridal Shower – For a bride who’s a big fan of the movies, try this party idea. Tell the guests to come dressed as their favorite movie character. Then, use movie posters to decorate the whole venue. You can also play games like movie charades or guess the movie theme song.
Sexy Lingerie Bash – Women love to flaunt their figures and feel seductive and sexy—even if the men aren’t around! You can all don your sexiest underwear and decorate the room in deep colors. For bridal shower gifts, the guests can give sexy lingerie to the bride.
Kitchen Bridal Shower – Yes, housework can be exhausting, especially cooking, but of course, a soon-to-be-married woman must prepare herself for this! So why not celebrate her party with a kitchen theme? Everyone will be assigned to particular cuisines or dishes, and you can all have fun teaching the bride-to-be different cooking techniques. For gifts, you can all bring different kinds of kitchenware.
Let the bride-to-be have the time of her life during her own bridal shower! With a fun theme, you can certainly make her last single girl party more memorable!
View Comments: 3
Housewarming Party Themes
You’ve done it—You’ve finally bought a new home. Of course, you’re excited! It’s a new community, new neighbors, and a far nicer kitchen than the one you had before. All you need to do now is to plan a fun housewarming party! This’ll let you showoff your new place to your friends, new neighbors and relatives.
You can throw the typical housewarming party, but won’t it be boring if you just settle on the usual celebration? If you want to spice up your party, you should prepare a fun housewarming party theme!
Here are some great housewarming party theme ideas. See which one will fit your celebration (and your new home) best!
- Open House Housewarming Party - From the name itself, an open house party will let you entertain guests all day long. There’s no set time, and they can come and go visit your celebration on the time most convenient for them. You of course, will be offering tours around the house for them.
- Block Party – Instead of just inviting your relatives and friends, you can extend the invites to all your new neighbors. This is a chance for you to meet and socialize with them so when you’re all settled, you’ll have new friends immediately.
You can also settle for “chore housewarming themes”. Your party will be focused on chores you need to do to as you move into the new home. Just make sure your guests are really close to you and they won’t mind helping you out. Examples of chore themes include:
- Moving Convoy Party – Instead of hiring large moving vans to carry all your furniture and stuff, ask your guests to bring their vehicles. You can load all your boxes and furniture on these cars, and have a convoy to your new home, where the party awaits!
- Unpacking Party – Have fun unpacking all your packed boxes along with your friends. Make sure the boxes are all labeled, including the room where they’ll be placed in.
- Redecorating Party – Let your friends and family have fun while helping you make your new home more beautiful. You can assign them to different chores, including painting, landscape pruning and lawn care.
Make your new home feel more special with a fun housewarming party! It’ll be an event you won’t forget!
View Comments: 7
Eco-Friendly Party Ideas
It’s nice to be earth-friendly, especially with the issues of food crisis, water crisis and global warming today. It’s only natural for people like you to become concerned with the environment, which is why the next time you have a celebration, why not make it extra-special? Instead of having the usual party, make it an eco-friendly party!
There are lots of ways on how you can make a party very eco-friendly. Here are some useful suggestions.
- Recycling is very important for an earth-friendly lifestyle. Remember this as you prepare your party supplies. For example, instead of buying new tableware, just improvise. Use an old cutting board for a cheese tray, or an old trifle bowl for a punch bowl. Be creative.
- Styrofoam and plastic containers are a no-no at any eco-friendly party. If you have ample plates and glasses in your cupboard, use them instead. Or you can buy disposable ones, but go for bamboo or corn “plastic”. They’re biodegradable, but just as sturdy as paper and plastic.
- Do away with expensive party decors! Be greenery instead. Pots of fresh flowers or herbs will brighten up the place. Another idea is, if you have a garden, hold the party there instead. You’ll have a naturally lovely and fresh surrounding. You’ll also save money on decors.
- If the party’s outdoors, and held at evening, use candles instead of fluorescent lights. Not only will you conserve energy, but you’ll also give an alluring ambiance to the place.
- Party food and drinks can be the usual, but make sure you buy local ones. Finger foods, such as fruits and veggies, are great because they lessen the need for dishes and plates.
It’s nice to know that while you’re having fun, you’re also saving the earth in your own little way. Remember these tips when you hold your eco-friendly party. Mother nature and your guests will definitely admire and thank you!
View Comments: 3