Anime Party Ideas
When you were a child you obsessed and watched cartoons like Popeye the Sailor Man, Mickey Mouse and Friends and Bugs Bunny. Today, your kids look up to different cartoon heroes, like Gokou, Naruto, and Kenshin. If you don’t know these guys, they’re Japanese—anime characters. With their fun stories and wonderful personalities, they have captivated children all over the world.
If your child loves anime, chances are he’ll ask for an anime theme party for his next birthday. Don’t worry, because it’s not difficult to plan this event. Here are some suggestions you can use:
- Instead of having the usual boring invitations, get anime-themed invites. You can buy them at party supplies stores. If you want to be creative, you can also use anime trading cards. Just tape the details on the back, and you’re all set. Once the guests see these, they’ll become excited!
- Ask the guests to come in their favorite anime costume. You can have a cosplay and give an award to the best-dressed guest.
- Decorations shouldn’t be very difficult. You can simply hang a large anime poster on the wall. If your kid has anime action figures, put them around the place. For a more Japanese look, hang paper lanterns and get low tables for everyone. They’ll feel like the characters they watch in the show.
- Yummy Japanese food like onigiri (rice balls), chicken teriyaki, tempura and yakisoba, are appropriate. Sushi is also a popular choice, but because kids don’t like raw fish, you can simply make sushi-like treats. For example, use tortilla wraps and cold cuts and make sushi sandwiches.
- Let the children use chopsticks. This can be a bit messy, but they’ll have tons of fun!
- Fun games can include Beyblade competitions, Anime fan-art drawing contests, and trading Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh cards. When everyone becomes tired, let them watch an anime movie or have an anime series marathon.
- Aside from the usual candies, put anime keychains, trading cards, and action figures in the goodie bags. Kids will love these useful and memorable take-home presents.
Fill your child’s special day with lots of excitement and anime fun! This party will surely be unforgettable for him.